Home Efficiency Rebate Program Closure on February 17, 2012
to New Applicants
The Home Efficiency Rebate Program will be closed to new applicants on Friday, February 17, 2012. They will not accept any new application reservations for rebates after 5:00 p.m. on that date. The following restrictions will apply to those applications:
- You will have 30 days to complete your selected project items from the date you are approved
- No deadline extensions past that initial 30-day period will be allowed
- You must redeem the rebate in the system by your 30-day deadline to avoid rebate cancellation
- You must mail your claim information to DMME’s Division of Energy as soon as possible after you redeem the rebate in the system, but no later than March 30, 2012.
- Any rebate claims received that are postmarked after March 30, 2012 will be returned to the sender and no rebate will be issued for that claim.
An applicant who is currently in the “approved” status is encouraged to redeem your rebate in the system by your 30-day deadline, as only very limited time extensions will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. Once you are in the “payment pending” status, you should mail in your claim to us by mid-March 2012, and no later than March 30, 2012.